If you’ve ever accidentally deleted the default row grouping on a tablix in SSRS, you have two options to get it back.
- Recreate the tablix. (Which isn’t fun if you’ve have several columns or lots of formatting)
- Recreate the grouping that’s done by default during the wizard. (You used the wizard, didn’t you?)
Rather than starting from scratch with a new tablix, I going to show how to get the default grouping back up and running.
The steps are as follows:
- Right click on the detail line that needs the grouping re-added.
- Select “Add Group … Adjacent Above…”
- Then select the first column in the detail line as the “Group By”
- After the grouping is created, cut and paste each of the columns to the newly create line above it. This will keep the formatting and formulas intact. After all the columns have been moved, you can delete the old detail line.